Friday, August 1, 2014

Otakon Fundraiser



So, I mentioned in a poll on DeviantArt that I plan on going to Otakon (August 8th-10th), however, I don't have the funds yet to do so. Oddly enough, it's been really on my heart to go this year. So I'm hosting a little fundraiser, which some seemed to think was a good idea based on the poll. Here's how it will work:

For those going to Otakon, I am offering to take free photos of all who donate (As long as the donation is not less than a $1, haha). Just make sure you provide a way of me contacting you so that we can schedule a time at Otakon to take photos (I will have a tablet with me so your form of contact can be online)..

For those who aren't going to Otakon, anyone who donates $5 or more will get either a hand painted thank you card of anything they request (must provide an address for me to send it to) or a digital character design of either them or an Original character (these can be emailed). Here's an example of hand painted cards I've done:


If you donate $15 or more, you can choose any two of the three above options.

$20 or more, you'll get all three options if attending Otakon.

For those who live locally, in the upstate NY region, I'm offering a free private shoot for those who donate $20 or more (normally I charge a minimum of $40). After the shoot, I will send you a CD of the photos after processing them.

To donate visit: http://aglimpseofme.webs.com/otakon-fundraiser, then click the donate button on the bottom. Donations are done through paypal, as I feel this is safe for all involved parties and you'll know that I won't get your financial info. Please make sure to leave me your contact when you donate so I know who you are and can give you your thank you gift. You can either leave a comment on here, email AGlimpseOfMeStudios@gmail.com, or use the contact form on my site to let me know that you donated. Keep in mind that this will end August 10th, when Otakon ends.

I thank all who donate ahead of time. I can't express how much I genuinely appreciate this. I've never done something like this before so, I'm not going to lie, it feels really uncomfortable for me to ask for donations, but, I did feel like I should at least try.

Also, as usual with my art, 10% of all the donations will go to Love146, an organization aiming to end child sex slavery. For more info on them, visit www.love146.org.

If you have other requests or suggestions, I'm all ears. Let me know in a comment! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment